FRPA Conference 2023 Service Project
This year's service project will benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida. Collection bins will be on site at the Conference and donations will be picked up at the end of conference. The list below includes critical items the organization requests for families, infants, and toddlers. It should prove helpful for anyone wishing to participate in the service project. There is also an online donation option! For every $10 donated you provide 40 meals to families. Give a financial donation on our fundraising page by scanning the QR code below or visiting: http://www.feedhopenow.org/goto/frpa.
- · Fruits: Canned fruit (in its own juice, no sugar added varieties), dried fruit, 100% fruit juice
- · Vegetables: Canned vegetables (reduced salt/no salt varieties), 100% vegetable juice, spaghetti sauce
- · Grains: Rice, pasta, crackers (whole-grain varieties), ready-to-eat cereal (low sugar/high-fiber), oatmeal
- · Protein Foods: Canned meat/poultry, canned tuna/salmon (packed in water), canned/dry beans & peas (low/no salt varieties), peanut butter
- · Dairy/Dairy Alternatives: Nonfat dry milk, evaporated milk, soymilk
- · Meals: Beef stew, canned soup (reduced sodium varieties), chili, other canned meals
- · Other: Nutritional drinks (ex: Ensure, Boost)
- · Baby Food: Must be in complete, undamaged original packaging. No individual serving glass or plastic containers unless in an unopened case.
- · Non-food Items: Diapers, toiletries (soap, shampoo, shaving cream, etc.). Must be unopened and stored separate from food donations.
- · Powdered infant milk or soy based formulas (WIC-approved preferred)
- · Baby cereal
- · Baby fruits (single ingredient preferred)
- · Baby vegetables (single ingredient preferred)
- · Baby Meats (no meat sticks)
- · Shelf-stable white whole milk for 1 year olds; Shelf-stable 1% (low fat) or skim milk for 2 years olds and up; Shelf-stable soy milk.
- · Canned fruits, preferably packed in juice with no added sugar
- · Canned vegetables, preferably low sodium or no salt added
- · Canned beans such as black, red, pink, pinto beans, black-eyed peas, pigeon peas, garbanzos
- · Shelf stable foods designed for toddlers such as Stage 3, Graduates, etc.