Is this your first time attending the annual FRPA Conference? We are so glad to have you! This page is just for you. Check out the tips and inside info below and if you have any questions or need some guidance, please reach out to the FRPA Executive Office at 850-878-3221.
Still trying to get your supervisor to allow you to attend? Download and personalize this Justification Letter to help you make your case.
- Registration and Check In hours are limited so refer to the Conference Registration Brochure upon arrival to see when you can pick up your registration materials.
- Be sure to attend the Conference GPS Session on Monday morning at 11am. This session will give you a hands on overview of conference, FRPA and what to expect throughout the week.
- Bring plenty of business cards and be ready to talk about your unique job.
- Use the Conference Registration Brochure to plan your week but be sure to refer to the onsite booklet you will receive when you check in to make sure your schedule is still correct. You can download this planner to help you organize your schedule.
- If you would like a record kept of the classes you attend, make sure you sign in on the CEU registration list at the beginning of each class/session. You will also need to fill out an evaluation with your name on it to receive credit for the course. These will be kept on your FRPA online file and are accessible as long as you are a member of FRPA. If you are not a member, there is a nominal fee to receive these transcripts.
- Keep you name badge on you at all times for conference activities. You will not be allowed entry into socials, the banquet, exhibit hall, etc. without it.
- Go to the socials! There are THREE opportunities this year to relax with your fellow professionals from around the state.
- Take notes! You are going to be given so much information throughout the week so you will want to take notes so that you remember what all you learned.
- Jump right in by volunteering! You can sign up to help with various things throughout conference. Go to SignUp.com to check out what spots are available.
- Stay up to date on changes during conference by following the #FRPA18 hashtag on Facebook and Twitter.
- Spouses, kids, guests, etc. are not permitted at any conference event unless you have specifically registered them for said event. (Unfortunately, guest registration is not available for children.
- When visiting the Exhibit Hall, have your business cards available.
- Begin your networking now by following or liking Florida Recreation and Park Association and It Starts in Parks on these social media platforms. Use #FRPA18 to join in the conversation.